Tenants Contents and Liability Insurance

Tenants Contents and Liability Insurance

Cover for tenants contents within a rental property.


About tenants contents insurance

Many rental agreements will make the tenant responsible for damages. Tenants contents insurance protects the tenant from their liability and associated financial loss and is designed to give peace of mind that belongings are insured against damage, theft, fire and even loss.

Tenants contents insurance from Alan Boswell Group covers general contents with the option to extend cover to include pedal cycles, electrical and portable items, and money and credit cards.

Benefits to the letting agent

Established in 1982 and backed by some of the UK’s leading insurers, Alan Boswell Group been providing landlords with award-winning insurance for over 40 years. Our experience and credibility in the industry has allowed us to develop unique products that are tailored to the needs of landlords and letting agents.

A key focus of our business is letting agents and property managers. We have insurance solutions that meet the needs of letting agents and we deal nationally with many landlord associations.

Partner with us

From as little as £75 per year, your tenants can protect themselves and their deposit should an accident happen in the home.

Cover can be purchased online in a few minutes and you will receive a commission referral fee at both commencement and renewal of the policy.

As part of our package of added-value services we also offer landlord insurance, rent guarantee and legal expenses insurance and landlord’s home emergency cover to ensure all-round protection of your landlord’s property.

Lettings agents can earn extra commission by referring clients to us for these products, or purchasing on behalf of the landlord (subject to the product type).

Frequently asked questions

Referring clients to us is easy to do once you have registered as an introducer – tenants can purchase the cover online in just a few minutes.

On successful set up of an insurance policy with the referred tenant, we will pay you a share of the commission for the lifetime of the policy whilst you are registered as an introducer to us. Payment is made to the letting agent once we have received the commission from the insurer.

Whilst it is not a legal requirement, it is wise for a tenant to purchase contents insurance. This will then include tenants liability cover as detailed above and occupiers liability cover, which covers against a tenants legal liabilities to the public. This could include such things as if a dog escapes from the property and causes an accident – if it is found that the tenants did not secure their property sufficiently they could be found to be negligent.

A contents policy would also provide cover for alternative accommodation following a claim which renders the property uninhabitable, such as fire or flood.

Contact us

For further information or to request an account with Alan Boswell Group, please get in touch.

Related services